Thursday, December 15, 2016

Day 2: Better Sleep?

I just got home an half hour or so and I had thought that I wouldn't sit down to write tonight as it is late for me, but after my shower I've got enough energy to recap today, Day 2 of the News Fast. 

First of all, I slept really well last night for the first time in weeks and weeks. Usually I wake up to go to the bathroom and then lie awake for hours fretting and thinking until, just before time to get up, I doze off again. Last night, I got up; I laid down; I fell right back to sleep...that never happens. Of course, it might not have been the reduced screen time and the lack of worrisome news, but just the fact that I was tired because I worked hard yesterday.

Today, I did not even have to fight any urges to check Facebook. None. I was surprised by that...I was also ass deep in dead, brown, dusty plants that needed to be removed from the garden beds. I set out to get the garden cleaned up and I did it...all tidy. So tonight I suspect I'll sleep well again and tomorrow we still won't know if I'm sleeping well because I'm so very tired or if lack of fret-worthy fodder is allowing me to turn off my head at night. 


Whole Garden: Pano (Isn't my greenhouse cute?)
Tomorrow I'm going to be making mulch, spreading mulch, and hauling mulch. I have plans and things are getting done, so for now I'm going to credit the reduced screen time for getting all of this done and I'll keep you posted on the rest....

The Longest Row

No comments:

Post a Comment